Putting the PERMANENT back into PASTURE
When it comes to pastures, we hear one thing all too often…
THEY DON’T PERSIST.
Yes – we get it.
Modern pastures are bred to produce rather than persist, and this catches a lot of us out.
Over the years, we have discovered that through tweaking a bunch of variables, we can get the best of both worlds!
PUTTING THE PERMANENT BACK INTO PASTURE
- 4 Whys – Why don’t ryegrasses persist?
- Is there an alternative – given the option, what could you change?
- Investment – given the current life expectancy of pastures, how’s it stack up?
- Diversity – Species Selection
- Endophyte – Is it still alive?
- Seed Treatment– Is it worth it?
- The SMART Process – every step matters
- Establishment & Weed Control – The crucial steps
- Grazing for Persistence – The brutal truths
- Fertiliser – yeah nah?
- Summary – Final Smart Tips
To give you a quick glimpse of the GOLD we are bringing to you… continue reading.
4 Whys – Why doesn’t ryegrass persist????
- The 4 legged stool
- Ryegrass breeding motivators
- What’s changed?
Is there an alternative – given the option, what could you change?
- Are there options?
- What tools are in the toolbox?
- Considering the big picture, what matters most?
Investment – Does it stack up financially?
- Pasture replacement versus old pasture
- Cheap vs Quality
- Picture proof
Diversity – Species Selection
- Heading dates
- Why do/don’t we include Annual/Italian/Hybrid?
- Clovers – red and white
- Plantain (eco)
- Tall Fescue
Endophyte – Is it still alive?
- Endophyte – what is it?
- What clearly works and what doesn’t?
- Are there any consequences of planting nil endophyte pastures?
Coating – Is it worth it?
- Bulletproof – never heard of it!
- Hi-flo – how does it even help?
- Insecticide coating, importance, examples etc
- Slugout – what granule is best, does it go down the spout or on top?
The SMART Process – Every step matters
- What you require
- Our sweat and tears!
- The extra mile
Establishment & Weed Control – The crucial steps
- Establishment – things to look out for
- Weed control – cost of success vs failure
- Picture proof
Grazing for Persistence – The Brutal Truths
- The do’s and don’t (Incl exclusive advice from the top)
- Pre-graze topping – is it worth the hassle?
- Long term cost of pasture not persisting
- Faux pas
Fertiliser – Yeah nah?
- Cost of success vs failure
- What’s ideal to use, when, and why?
- The unbiased truth?
Summary – Final Smart Tips
- One final comment!
- Ever heard of Smart Three65? we have an offer you wont want to miss!
Thanks for your time, all the best, and stay tuned
The Smart Team